2016 Bicentenary One Guinea Gold Proof Coin
Historically accurate specification – same as last circulating One Guinea Featuring the iconic ‘Spade’ Guinea motif Angular ‘rope’ milled edge E.I.C provenance mark to obverse approved by The Queen Limited issue of 2016 Learn more about this unique gold coin
The 2016 Bicentennial Guinea
- Historically accurate specification – same as last circulating One Guinea
- Featuring the iconic ‘Spade’ Guinea motif
- Angular ‘rope’ milled edge
- E.I.C provenance mark to obverse approved by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
- Mintage Issue limit: Only 2016
This new gold One Guinea is struck to the exact same size and weight as the last struck circulating One Guinea coin, 8.4gm and 24mm in diameter. It features the spade design from the last circulating Guineas struck under King George III – a simplified shield with quarters containing the arms of England and Scotland, France, Hanover and Ireland.
It features Angular rope milling, the first coins in 200 years to feature it.
Sectional frosting between a series of connection lines denote the extent of The East India Company’s global reach, adding a modern dimension to a design deeply rooted in British history. The E.I.C mark features under the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
- Alloy: 0.9167 AU GOLD
- Diameter: 24mm
- Weight: 8.4 grams
- Denomination: £1.05
- Finish: Proof
- Issuing Authority: St Helena
- Year Date: 2016
- Mintage issue limit: 2016
Delivery & ReturnsAll coins will be shipped via registered post or UPS depending on location.
- Please allow up to 14 days for delivery
- Liquids cannot be shipped outside of the EU.
- Bullion items cannot be shipped to India.
See our delivery page for more information.