2016 Guinea Gold Proof Five Coin Set
The 2016 Gold Five Guinea Set is minted to the same size and weight as each original coin. The Five Guinea coin features the shield design from the very last Five Guineas struck under King George II – a single ornate shield with quarters containing the arms of England and Scotland, France, Hanover and Ireland. The One Guinea features the spade design from the last circulating Guineas struck under King George III – a simplified shield with quarters. The Half Guinea features the garter design from the last circulating Guineas ever issue under King George III – the new shield of the Royal Arms. The Third Guinea features a royal crown, the only design to be used on a Third Guinea. The Quarter Guinea features the rose shield design from the last Quarter Guineas ever issued under King George III.
The Five Guinea mirrors the edge lettering on the last Five Guinea and features the regnal dates of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II – DECUS•ET•TUTAMEN•ANNO REGNI•SEXAGESIMO•QUARTO in a raised edge lettering. The One, Half, Third and Quarter Guineas feature angular rope milling – the first coins in 200 years to feature it.
Sectional frosting between a series of connection lines denote the extent of The East India Company’s global reach, adding a modern dimension to a design deeply rooted in British history. The E.I.C mark features under the effigies of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
• Featuring FULL collection of Bicentenary Guinea Gold Proof Coins including the first Five Guinea and One Third Guinea to be issued in the reign of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
• Historically accurate specification – same as last circulating Guineas of each type
• Angular ‘rope’ milled edge to One, Half, Third and Quarter Guinea approved by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
• Special edge lettering to Five Guinea
• E.I.C provenance mark to obverse of Five, One and Half Guinea approved by The Queen
• Limited presentation of 100 sets
- Alloy: 0.9167 AU GOLD
- Diameter: 37mm / 24mm / 20mm / 17.5mm / 16mm
- Weight: 42g / 8.4g / 4.2g / 2.8g / 2.1g
- Denomination: £5 / £1.05 / 50p / 30p / 20p
- Finish: Proof
- Issuing Authority: St Helena
- Year Date: 2016
- Issue Limit: 100
Delivery & ReturnsAll coins will be shipped via registered post depending on location.
- Please allow up to 14 days for delivery
- Liquids cannot be shipped outside of the EU.
- Bullion items cannot be shipped to India.
See our delivery page for more information.