2016 East India Company Guinea® Gold Proof Three Coin Set
The new gold One Guinea, Half Guinea and Quarter Guinea are all struck to the exact same size and weight as each original coin. The One Guinea features the spade design from the last circulating Guineas struck under King George III – a simplified shield with quarters containing the arms of England and Scotland, France, Hanover and Ireland. The Half Guinea features the garter design from the last circulating Guineas ever issue under King George III – the new shield of the Royal Arms. The Quarter Guinea features the rose shield design from the last Quarter Guineas ever issued under King George III.
All three coins feature Angular rope milling, the first coins in 200 years to feature it.
Sectional frosting between a series of connection lines denote the extent of The East India Company’s global reach, adding a modern dimension to a design deeply rooted in British history. The E.I.C Provenance mark features on the One Guinea coin under the effigy of HM Queen Elizabeth II
• Featuring One, Half and Quarter Bicentenary Guinea Gold Proof Coins
• Historically accurate specification – same as last circulating Guineas of each type
• Angular ‘rope’ milled edge
• E.I.C provenance mark to obverse of One and Half Guinea approved by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
• Limited presentation of 500 sets
- Alloy: 0.9167 AU GOLD
- Diameter: 24mm / 20mm / 16mm
- Weight: 8.4g / 4.2g / 2.1g
- Denomination: £1.05 / 50p / 20p
- Finish: Proof
- Issuing Authority: St Helena
- Year Date: 2016
- Issue Limit: 500
Delivery & ReturnsAll coins will be shipped via registered post depending on location.
Una Coins Only
Una 1/2g Coin Only
International Zone 1: £14.95
International Zone 2,3: £19.95
- Please allow up to 14 days for delivery
- Liquids cannot be shipped outside of the EU.
- Numismatics (Bullion) cannot be shipped to India
See our delivery page for more information.